Join entrepreneurs, investors, and students for Northern California’s first ever Impact Global Venture Summit on the floor of the brand new Golden 1 Center, the most high tech arena in the world.
The Impact Summit will feature some of Northern California’s best startups in a day-long event:
- IGNITE (2PM): An open-floor trade show featuring some of Northern California’s most exciting technologies and companies
- Northern California’s top startups show off their technology and pitch their companies
- Hundreds of students, entrepreneurs, and investors come together at one of Northern California’s largest technology “job fair”
- Recognized as the most high tech arena in the world, the brand new Golden 1 Center will showcase top flight media technologies, including the world’s largest indoor video screen
- ACCELERATE (4PM): A demo-day pitch event starring 20 of Northern California’s best startups on a 360 degree stage
- Twenty of the region’s most promising startups pitch their companies on center stage
- Over one hundred top angle investors, VC’s, and corporate venture groups ready to invest in the most promising companies
- Features alumni of some of California’s leading accelerators
- KEYNOTE (6PM): Special guest speaker and venture industry icon Dixon Doll + former Oracle treasurer Eric Ball and a panel discussion on the future of corporate venturing
- Industry Icon, Dixon Doll, just off keynotes in Tokyo and Berlin “Venture Capital Ecosystems around the World.” Doll has spent nearly four decades in venture capital, having previously started the industry’s first fund focused on telecommunications technology at Accel. He later founded Doll Capital Management (DCM) and helped grow it to $3 billion. DCM is widely recognized as the first Silicon valley venture firm to enter China successfully. Doll’s firm has had extraordinary investing success, including investments in more that 20 startups that have attained valuations in excess of $1 billion. A regular in the “Midas List,” Doll also served as Chairman of the National Venture Capital Association (NVCA) and on the Board of DirectTV during its acquisition by AT&T for $49 billion.
- Silicon Valley investing and finance veteran, Eric Ball “The Rise of Global Corporate Venture Capital.” Ball has spent over twenty years in corporate technology and finance. He managed over $50 billion as the Treasurer for Oracle and founded Targhee Investments, where he invested in 18 startups companies. He was named one of the “100 Most Influential People in Finance” and wrote his PhD dissertation on venture capital.
- CAPITALIZE (7PM): Entrepreneurs Organization Liquidity Event celebrating some of California’s most successful start exit
- Panel discussion featuring innovative corporate venture groups
- VIP cocktail reception in the Private Lexus Lounge for exclusive Event Partner
- Emcee: Jack Crawford, General Partner Impact Venture Capital
- Since 2000, Jack Crawford has focused his energy on venture capital as the critical component of company building for seed and early-stage technology companies. Jack launched Velocity Venture Capital in 2005 to provide capital for entrepreneurs focused on information technology products that will positively impact the world. Jack is combined his front-line entrepreneurial operating experience with venture capital investments to help drive the success of some of the most promising companies in Northern California. Jack worked closely with company founders to fine-tune strategies, build management teams, recruit key members of the Board of Directors and Advisory Boards, grow revenues, raise capital, and facilitate a positive exit. Operating primarily inside California’s technology triangle (bounded by San Francisco, San Jose, and Sacramento), Velocity Venture Capital has a long history of investing in early stage companies including the first round investment in Soft Machines, recently acquired by Intel for $270 million. Since 2009, Velocity has been running innovation programs for startups, graduate students, and corporate venture groups from across the U.S. In 2011, Jack was accepted as a Kauffman Fellow – a prestigious leadership program that identifies, develops, and networks emerging global leaders in venture capital. Jack is an alumnus of Harvard Business School’s “Private Equity & Venture Capital” executive program and a graduate of the Venture Capital Institute. Jack earned a B.S. degree in Accounting from Arizona State University and is a Certified Public Accountant in California. Whether you’re an entrepreneur looking to launch a business, an investor looking for the next great company, or a student looking to plug into the startup scene, the Impact Global Venture Summit is the place to be.
When: November 14th, 2016
Where: Golden 1 Center, Sacramento, CA